Because of its Eastern origins, many westerners remain skeptical about the power of chiropractic care as a method of healthy ongoing treatment. So most of us opt for medication and invasive procedures. But why? Statistics and health records indicate that chiropractic care can be extremely beneficial to anyone. In fact, according to research, patients who see certified chiropractors as their primary-care provider experience a 43 percent reduction in hospital admissions, a 52 percent cut in overall pharmaceutical costs, and 43 percent fewer outpatient procedures and surgeries. In addition, 32 percent of patients report better sleep patterns immediately after treatment. That sounds like pretty good evidence and should offer reason enough for non-believers to reconsider the benefits of ongoing chiropractic care.
• Stronger immune system. It may sound strange, but research actually has shown a direct correlation between regular chiropractic care and greater immunity against disease. Dr. Ronald Pero of New York’s Preventive Medicine Institute conducted one of the most relevant studies. He tracked 107 patients who received long-term chiropractic care. When he compared them to patients who did not receive such care, Dr. Pero discovered that their immune systems were an average of 200 percent stronger.
• Decreased drug dependence. Nobody wants to take more pharmaceuticals than absolutely necessary, which is why it should be great news that ongoing chiropractic care reduces the average patient’s dependence on drugs. Specifically, chiropractic treatments have been shown to reduce pharmaceutical costs by as much as 51.8 percent.
• Fewer headaches. A classic study shows that around 22 percent of patients experience a 90 percent reduction of migraines (or greater) after two months of ongoing chiropractic care.
• Less chronic pain. Did you know that more than 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain? While the root cause of such pain can be any number of things, a substantial proportion of these people experience ongoing back or neck pain. Prescription drugs and over-the-counter NSAIDs may mask the pain, but they do little to promote healing. Chiropractic care, on the other hand, can address root causes and encourage long-term health.
• Better mood. While it may not be your first inclination to visit a chiropractor when you’re depressed or ill at ease, many patients report feeling happier after this kind of treatment. It’s likely due to improvements in overall hormone balance, as well as the release of dopamine in the brain.
• Improved posture. In an age when so many people work at a desk for six, seven, or eight hours a day, it becomes vital to correct bad posture. By scheduling regular chiropractic visits, you can foster proper alignment and reduce as much as 20 to 30 pounds of pressure on your neck.
Did You Know?
Back pain is the second most common neurological ailment in the United States—only headache is more common.
Your Sanctuary for Healing offers services beyond traditional spinal manipulation we have a holistic approach to a pain-free life and promote personal wellness.
If you're looking for holistic care in Gresham, Your Sanctuary for Healing is here for you! Click to learn more about our Chiropractic Care, Massage Therapy, and Reiki services.