The word Japanese word Reiki is formed from two words. Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."
The most known Reiki is the Ushi Shiki Reiki Rhoho developed by Dr. Mikao Usui in the mid-1800s. Since then there have been variations, types, or modalities of the same principle of reiki. Holy Fire is a newer form of Reiki that is both powerful and gentle and provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance.
According to Reiki.org students who study Holy Fire Reiki have experienced these qualities.
- Works continuously even when not thinking about it and spontaneously heals issues as they come up.
- Always respects free will.
- Heals deeply and quickly without distress.
- Heals relationships and interactions with others.
- Releases worry and replaces it with a sense of safety in a most pronounced way.
- Spontaneously provides guidance that is palatable for every level of life experience.
- Tends to develop all the personality traits that are healthy for a person to have such as love of self and others, kindness, patience, confidence, vitality, enthusiasm, optimism, trust, joy, peace and so forth.
- One of the more wonderful effects is a feeling of being loved. This is a deep and refined feeling that is very nurturing.
- Once received, it continues to develop itself to be more evolved and effective.