How does Reiki work?
Reiki treatment increases your supply of life force energy and helps you heal quickly. It promotes relaxation, makes you feel at peace, and reduces your stress. You start moving toward your unique physical, mental, and spiritual balance, and your body’s own healing mechanisms begin to function more effectively.
Reiki is administered by the hands, placed lightly on or near the body of the patient. The healing energy from the body and hands of the Reiki practitioner flows to the patient. The patient then experiences feelings of relaxation, mental clarity, pain relief, decreased anxiety, and a sense of well-being. Research has shown that this occurs because the activity of parasympathetic autonomic nervous system in the patient increases significantly.
That said, is Reiki really effective? What is it effective for? Here are the health benefits of Reiki that have scientific evidence.
Helps in stress reduction and promotes relaxation
Stress reduction and relaxation are the best proved health benefits of Reiki. Actually, this Japanese energy healing therapy is designed to trigger your body’s relaxation response and reduce stress. Most ailments today are somehow linked to the stress factor, be it environmental stress, work stress, or emotional stress. In fact, most of the therapy’s health benefits are based on these factors.
- Stress can lead to irregular heart rhythms that could result in angina or stroke.
- Stress triggers gastrointestinal problems because common hormones such as leptin and ghrelin regulate the brain and stomach.
- Eating disorders are a common consequence of stress, since you tend to overeat when you are stressed out, or you have an aversion to food.
- Mood disorders and many psychological problems arise because of stress.
- Stress can lead to sexual problems in men.
Reiki provides deep relaxation and healing by balancing the flow of energy in the body. Because of this Reiki can support with creating positive changes. At Your Sanctuary For Healing we have a passion for holistic health and fitness to share with you. Click to learn more about our Reiki Services.
SRC: Click to learn more about using Reiki to relieve stress: Health Benefits Of Reiki
Click to Contact Your Sanctuary For Healing to Schedule a Reiki Session