To achieve a sense of peace from everyday stress and find peace in your life, you can turn to the gift of prayer and meditation.
There are many benefits to meditation and prayer:
1. Stress reduction. Both meditation and prayer are wonderful for reducing stress. You’ll find that it helps you learn how to get away from the worries of life to a more peaceful state of mind.
• Just 15 minutes a day can make a huge difference by bringing peace and relaxation to your body and mind. A few minutes each day isn’t much, considering that the positive effects will last hours.
2. Improved health. Many studies have proven that prayer and meditation foster vibrant health. Usually these health benefits, such as lower blood pressure and decreased risk of heart disease, occur because of the lowered stress levels.
• Physical problems are often a symptom of turmoil on the inside and prayer and meditation can help to overcome that turmoil.
3. Better control over your thoughts. Having negative thoughts from time to time is part of being human. Many people who are stressed don’t believe they’re able to control what they think. The stress mounts, tempers flair, and before long arguments ensue.
However, by bringing prayer and meditation into your life, it’s possible to control your thoughts and stop negative thinking as soon as it happens. This helps keep your mind at peace.
4. Happiness. Both peace of mind and happiness are true benefits of meditation and prayer. Everyone is seeking happiness in their lives, and when you’re able to find peace of mind through prayer and meditation, you’re also welcoming happiness into your life.
By spending some time in personal reflection, you’ll gain a greater wisdom of your mission in this life, and you’ll be better able to appreciate all that you’ve been given, both good and bad. Meditation and prayer help banish negative thoughts that threaten your peace of mind.
5. Better concentration. As you pray and meditate, you welcome peace and tranquility into your mind, which then affects how you live your life. When you alleviate the stresses in your life, you’re better able to concentrate on the things that are important, such as family or work.
COMMUNITY MEDITATION AND PRAYER
DATES: March 14th and April 11th
TIME: 6:30 pm
PLACE: Your Sanctuary For Healing, 109 N Main Suite 203, Gresham, Oregon 97030
JOIN US: 503-492-5606
Your Sanctuary For Healing consists of Dr. Bradley Craig D.C. and Patty Craig M.Ed., L.M.T., a husband and wife team of healers and passionate advocates for holistic health and fitness. The couple offers over 40 years of experience, specializing in Chiropractic Care, Massage Therapy, Reiki, Nutrition, Fitness, and Teaching. Your Sanctuary For Healing is conveniently located in the Portland Metropolitan area, one block off of Powell Boulevard, on Main Street in Historic Downtown Gresham.
Source: The Benefits of Meditation and Prayer in Everyday Life by Eva Gregory